Six different recording apps to choose from:
- MANUAL – This is the main app for multi-track recording of up to six audio sources and a stereo mix (2-mix).
- VOICE – This recording app is ideal for capturing interviews, dictation and meetings.
- PODCAST – Use this for podcast creation with up to four people.
- MUSIC – Choose this app for capturing instrumental and vocal performances.
- FIELD – Ideal for recording nature sounds outdoors.
- ASMR – The screen visual effect changes in response to the input sound.
Quickly access your settings and adjustments on the Portacapture X6’s large (2.4-inch) colour touchscreen. With the easy-to-navigate interface and helpful tools, you are just a few taps from the perfect setting for your needs. Use the Launcher to select from podcast, music, interviews, field recording and real 6-track recording. Start fast, start right and get exactly what you need.
Audio for video production
When shooting a video, you want to be able to focus on your video production and not worry about your audio. The Portacapture X6 was built with video production in mind. The workflow, presets and user settings save you countless steps. The X6 has your back with its 96 kHz/32-bit float recording technology. Not only does this mean you will have the highest quality audio, but you will have a dynamic range that allows you to overcome those less-than-ideal realities that can often occur on a shoot.
The X6 even gives you a timecode sync option (coming soon in a future firmware update) via Bluetooth (with optional AK-BT1) allowing you to align your audio with your video, even when you have no audio on your camera. Upgrade your audio and reduce your worries with your own Portacapture X6.
Record your way
The Portacapture X6 is ready to record with a few quick taps. The internal high-quality stereo microphones can instantly be rotated from A-B to a true X-Y mic pattern to allow for dialogue or spatial music recording. Have your own mics? Use those thanks to the two included XLR inputs which can also handle line level sources.
The mic preamplifiers are Tascam HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) – providing ultra-low noise and clean transparent audio based on more than 50 years of Tascam know-how.
Record six tracks (four individual track plus stereo mix) simultaneously and even use the X6 as your 6-in/2-out USB audio interface to connect to your computer.
- Recording media: microSD card (64 MB – 2 GB), microSDHC card (4–32 GB), microSDXC card (48–512 GB)
- Recording/playback formats: WAV (BWF): 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24 bit or 32 bit float, MP3: 44.1/48kHz, 128/192/256/320 kbit/s
- Input channels: 4 (maximum)
- Recording tracks: 6 (4 tracks + stereo mix)
Analogue audio inputs
- Mic inputs 3–4 (balanced): XLR-3-31 equivalent (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD), 6.3-mm TRS jacks (Tip: HOT, Ring: COLD, Sleeve: GND), (phantom power over XLR only)
- Input impedance: ≥2.2 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +2 dBu
- Minimum input level: −75 dBu
- Line inputs 3–4: XLR-3-31 equivalent (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD), 6.3-mm TRS jacks (Tip: HOT, Ring: COLD, Sleeve: GND)
- Input impedance: ≥9 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +24 dBu
- Minimum input level: −53 dBu
- MIC/EXT IN (unbalanced): 3.5-mm mini jack (supports plug-in power)
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ (plug-in power off), 1.8 kΩ (plug-in power on)
- Maximum input level: 0 dBV
- Minimum input level: −67 dBV
Analogue audio outputs
- Line output (LINE OUT, unbalanced): 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- Output impedance: 200 Ω
- Nominal output level: −14 dBV
- Maximum output level: +6 dBV
- Headphones output: 3.5-mm stereo mini jack
- Maximum output: 45 mW + 45 mW (THD+N: ≤0.1%, 32 Ω load)
- Built-in speaker: 0.4 W (mono)
- USB port: USB Type-C connector
- Format: USB 2.0 High Speed mass storage class
- Bluetooth device connector: For Bluetooth adapter (AK-BT1) only