- Real-time vocal harmonies and high-quality effects in an affordable, easy-to-operate pedal
- Auto Harmony function automatically detects chords played on a connected guitar and generates perfectly matching harmonies, even during mid-song key changes
- Solo singers can create harmonies by manually setting the song key with a dedicated panel knob
- Hybrid mode creates harmonies based on both guitar chord input and the manual key setting, perfect for songs where the guitar part transitions between rhythm and lead playing
- 24 harmony types to choose from (12 one- and two-voice harmonies plus variations that provide even fuller sounds)
- Friendly user interface that’s simple to use, even for vocalists not familiar with using effects
- Easily dial up reverb and delay effects with a single knob
- Enhance function controls dynamics and applies subtle pitch correction as you sing
- Three memories for storing favorite settings
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
- XLR mic input with phantom power (phantom power is available even when running on batteries)
- USB audio function for capturing processed vocal sounds into your computer
Enrich Your Vocals with Beautiful Harmonies—Just Plug in Your Guitar and Sing!
When you connect your guitar to the VE-2, the Auto Harmony function detects the chords and key you play and automatically generates the correct harmony as you sing—it’s that easy! If you don’t play guitar, you can have the guitarist in your group plug in instead, or set the song’s key manually with a panel knob. Hybrid mode provides the best of both worlds, following both the guitar chord progression and the current manual setting. This is ideal for times when you’re riffing on your axe and singing at the same time—when the guitar chords drop out, the VE-2’s manual setting instantly takes over. With these three intuitive methods, you’re able to achieve natural, stable harmonies without any knowledge of electronic gear or music theory whatsoever.
A Variety of Harmony Types to Fit Any Style
With 12 different harmony types to choose from in the VE-2, you’re sure to find a sound that suits any style of music. Easily selectable with a dedicated panel knob, the types include one or two added voices in various scale intervals above and/or below your own voice. In addition, each type has a variation setting that incorporates more voices for even fuller harmonies. From a little added color to a rich ensemble sound, it’s easy to create impressive vocals with the VE-2.
Friendly User Interface for Simple Operation
The VE-2 is incredibly intuitive for anyone to use, even for vocalists that have no previous experience with sound equipment. Buttons and knob-based controls make it simple to get great sounds instantly, while the handy LED indicators show the current vocal harmony setting at a glance. The integrated multi-function footswitch allows you to turn harmony on/off or bypass the VE-2’s sound entirely as you perform, and you can even connect up to two optional footswitches for more control if desired. In addition, you can save three favorite sounds in onboard memories and recall them at the touch of button.
Essentials for a Polished Vocal Sound in One Compact Pedal
You don’t have to rely on a sound engineer anymore to make your vocals sound great—everything you need is included in the VE-2. The Echo section provides high-quality reverb, delay, or a mix of both, all intuitively adjustable with a dedicated knob. Pressing the Enhance button once evens out your vocals for a more refined, studio-type sound, while a second press adds in some subtle pitch correction for stable harmony. The XLR input accepts a variety of professional microphone types, including studio-level condenser mics that require phantom power to operate. Phantom power is even available when the VE-2 is operated on batteries, letting you use these high-quality mic types everywhere you perform.
Connect to Your PC and Record Your Vocals
Normally, recording your singing along with real-time harmonies and sound enhancement requires a complicated setup with multiple devices. Not so with the VE-2! Just connect to your computer with a USB cable and use your favorite recording software to capture your voice with harmonies and effects. In addition to music production and songwriting applications, this also gives singers a simple way to achieve impressive vocal sounds while recording performances for social media videos. With the VE-2’s Loopback function, you can mix audio playback from your computer with the mic sound, allowing you to easily record sing-alongs with backing tracks and karaoke tunes.
Nominal Input Level
MIC IN: -40 dBu (MicSens = Center)
GUITAR IN: -10 dBu
MIC IN: 4 k ohms
GUITAR IN: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level
XLR OUT: -40 dBu
PHONES/LINE OUT: -20 dBu
GUITAR THRU: -10 dBu
XLR OUT: 600 ohms
PHONES/LINE OUT: 33 ohms
HARMONY, ECHO, ENHANCE
Number of Harmony Types
12 x 2(VARIATION)
Number of Memory
MIC IN jack: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 46 V, 10 mA Max)
GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
GUITAR THRU jack: 1/4-inch phone type
XLR OUT jack: XLR type
PHONES/LINE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
VARIATION, MEMORY INC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jack
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
AC Adaptor (sold separately)
200 mA Max. (9 V)
Expected battery life under continuous use
Rechargeable Ni-MH battery(*1): Approx. 12 hours (phantom power: OFF), Approx. 8 hours (phantom power: ON)
Alkaline battery: Approx. 11 hours (phantom power: OFF), Approx. 7 hours (phantom power: ON)
*1 When using batteries having a capacity of 2,450 mAh.
* These figures will vary depending on the specifications of the batteries and the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Options (sold separately)
AC Adaptor (PSA series)
Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7)
SIZE AND WEIGHT
1 lbs. 6 oz.