- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced arpeggiator with Scatter function
- Scatter jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated delay and reverb effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal-sized keys
- Comfortable to play, yet the most compact Roland synth ever
73 PHYSICAL CONTROLS. 100 PERCENT SYNTH.
Meet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer that’s probably unlike any you’ve encountered before. At its heart is Roland’s new Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, which we use to carefully analyze every aspect of analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1, creating a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones.
The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but also has a totally innovative design with performance-ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders that proclaim unashamedly: “I am synthesizer. Hear me roar.” Sound good? There’s more…
PLUG IN AND PLUG-OUT
The SYSTEM-1 can control—and even host—software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That’s right—the SYSTEM-1 gives you access to plug-in versions of legendary Roland synths, and they can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself, with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1’s internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. We call this wizardry “PLUG-OUT,” and we’re pretty excited about it.
We think you’ll be excited too once you experience the supreme authenticity of the upcoming SH-101 soft synth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let’s be honest: who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland? And the SH-101 is just the beginning—more PLUG-OUT synths are on the way.
A FEW MORE THINGS
The SYSTEM-1 looks great, and is designed to work seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series. In addition, you can connect the SYSTEM-1 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive both audio and MIDI data, including MIDI clock information to sync with external devices and other AIRA units.
SYSTEM-1 VERSION 1.1 NEW FEATURES
- Backup and Restore — Manage your presets with easy backup and restore over USB.
- Snapshot — Sends all current knob and slider settings as control change message.
- Fix LPF CUTOFF Resolution — The increment size for “LPF CUTOFF” when “MODE = SYSTEM-1” was modified.
- Other Fixes — General improvements to overall operation and PLUG-OUT functionality.
SYSTEM-1 VERSION 1.20 NEW FEATURES
- Memory function — You can use eight banks, allowing you to store a total of 64 patch memories (8 patch memories x 8 banks).
- Expanded waveforms added to OSC 1 / OSC 2 — You can use expanded waveforms to make your sounds.
Noise Saw: A sawtooth wave with movement similar to an analog circuit. Ideal for making fat sounds.
Logic Operation: A waveform that uses a logic circuit to combine multiple waveforms.
FM: A frequency-modulated waveform.
FM+Sync: Syncs a frequency-modulated waveform to the OSC pitch to produce a scale.
Vowel: A waveform similar to human voice.
CB: A metallic one-shot sound.
25 keys (without velocity)
SOUND GENERATOR SECTION
4 voices (SYSTEM-1 Mode)
64 (8 memories x 8 banks)
Structure Elements (SYSTEM-1 Mode)
Wave Form: SAW､SQUARE､TRIANGLE､SAW2､SQUARE2､TRIANGLE2
Knobs: COLOR､MODULATION Source (MANUAL, LFO, P.ENV, F.ENV, A.ENV､SUB OSC), OCTAVE, TUNE
Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, ENVELOPE Depth
Modulation: CROSS Modulator, RING Modulator, Oscillator SYNC
Sub Oscillator: -1oct/-2oct
Noise: WHITE Noise/PINK Noise
Key Mode: MONO/UNISON/POLY
Type: LPF (-12dB/-24dB), HPF
Knobs: LPF CUTOFF, RESONANCE, HPF CUTOFF, KEY Follow
Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, SUSTAIN Level, RELEASE Time, ENVELOPE Depth
Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time, SUSTAIN Level, RELEASE Time
Waveform: SINE, TRIANGLE, SAW, SQUARE, Sample&Hold, Random
Knobs: FADE TIME, RATE, PITCH, FILTER, AMP
Controller: LFO KEY TRIGER, TEMPO SYNC
Level: OSC 1, OCS 2, SUB OSC, NOISE
TONE, CRUSHER, REVERB, DELAY, DELAY TIME
Structure Elements (PLUG-OUT Mode)
Depend on PLUG-OUT software
PITCH BEND/SCATTER jog dial
SCATTER TYPE dial
KEY HOLD button
OCTAVE UP/DOWN buttons
Power Switch (Rear)
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
PEDAL (HOLD) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
PEDAL (CONTROL) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
DC IN jack
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Options (sold separately)
Pedal switch: DP Series, Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U
Expression pedal: EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
5 lbs. 5 oz.