- 1,600 high-quality sounds plus 63 drum sets onboard, perfect for MIDI data playback
- Two types of graphical user interface: “Sound Canvas skin” for music data creation and “Player skin” for practicing with instruments or karaoke application
- Built-in Reverb, Chorus, Delay, 2-band EQ and 64 types of insertion effects
- Versatile SMF player featuring playback options including “Loop” mode for playing a specific area of the song repeatedly and “Song List Play” for continuous playback of several SMF songs in sequence
- iPhone or iPad can be used as an external sound source, when connected to an external MIDI interface such as the Roland UM-ONE (sold separately)
- Compatible with music apps that support Core MIDI
1,600 high-quality sounds and 63 drum sets onboard, perfect for MIDI data playback
Sound Canvas for iOS supports the four different sound maps compatible with the Sound Canvas series, including SC-8820, SC-88Pro, SC-88 and SC-55. Also supported are the GM2 and GM tone maps. The powerful built-in effects include Reverb, Chorus, Delay, 2-Band EQ, and 64 types of insertion effects (*1). Sound Canvas for iOS can also play SMF data for the SC-88Pro, and SC-8820 (*2).
*1 Sound parameter or insertion effect editing are not supported
*2 Subtle nuance of Tone color, Volume balance, timing of note on, may vary depending on the data
Versatile built-in SMF player
The built-in SMF (Standard MIDI File) player features a variety of playback options, such as key and tempo changes, “Loop” mode for repeating a specific part of the song and “Song List Play” for continuous playback of various songs in sequence.
Usable as an external sound source
Sound Canvas for iOS is compatible with CoreMIDI, so you can use your iPhone or iPad as an external sound device when connected to a MIDI interface such as the Roland UM-ONE (sold separately).
Inter-App Audio and Audiobus supported
SOUND Canvas for iOS Ver.1.1.0 supports Inter-App Audio*1 and Audiobus*2 for corresponding audio signals between the applications. You can record your SMF data playing on SOUND Canvas for iOS as audio data into iPhone or iPad. Inter-App and Audio’s are functional to convert*3 your data simply.
*1: You need the supported apps like GarageBand for using Inter-App Audio.
*2: Audiobus requires a separate purchase.
*3: SMF data needs a period of time to be converted to audio data, you have to wait for its playback length.
iOS 8.1.2 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air or later, iPad mini 2nd generation or later