- Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
- Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
- Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
- Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Access 128 user setups from the panel or MIDI program change
- Recall consecutive memories plus real-time panel setting via footswitch or dedicated panel button
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
Premium Drive Tones with BOSS’s Advanced Hybrid Design
The OD-200’s next-generation hybrid design seamlessly brings analog and digital clipping circuits together for the best of all worlds, putting a universe of expressive drive colors under your fingers. Twelve modes offer a variety of premium overdrive, fuzz, and distortion sounds, including a high-gain Brown mode derived from the acclaimed Katana amplifier series. And with the three high-performance “X” drive modes powered by BOSS’s cutting-edge MDP tech, you’ll experience enhanced definition, clarity, and dynamic response that’s perfect for modern playing styles.
Powerful Gain Shaping with Series and Parallel Boosts
While each of the OD-200’s 12 main drive modes sound fantastic on their own, you’re able to craft tones even further with 15 switchable boost circuits. Placing the boost in series lets you create traditional stacked drive voices, complete with post-gain level to balance with the bypassed sound or kick up the volume for solos. The boost circuit can also be used in parallel with the main mode, enabling side-by-side blending for an unlimited range of unique drive textures.
Kill the Noise and Tighten Your Tone
With its integrated gate circuit, the OD-200 always keeps your signal clear and quiet when you’re not playing. The default setting is a great starting point, providing gentle, transparent gating that works well for general playing styles. The decay and threshold controls can also be adjusted for super-fast gate performance when needed, perfect for bringing tightness to heavy modern styles that combine full-throttle gain with precision staccato riffing.
Dial in Sounds Fast
The OD-200 offers a ton of advanced capabilities, but remains as simple to use as any regular distortion stomp. With dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in the gain and overall level for any selected mode, then sculpt the tone with wide-ranging low, mid, and high EQ. There’s also a multi-function parameter knob, which changes operation based on the group selected with the panel’s parameter switch and LED status indicators.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The OD-200 features 127 user memories plus a real-time panel setting, giving you 128 total setups to choose from. Any range of consecutive memories and the panel setting can be assigned for scrolling access from a footswitch. It’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster recall. And if you crave deeper control, setups can be directly recalled via program change messages from an external MIDI device.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the OD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, boost on/off, and memory scrolling, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control of nearly any parameter is possible using footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
OD-200 Drive Modes
• Overdrive—Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
• Blues—Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
• Scream—Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
• Cntr OD—Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
• X-Drive—Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS’s Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
• Dist—Cutting distortion that’s ideal for a wide variety of styles.
• X-Dist—Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
• Stack Drive—Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
• Fat Dist—Thick, tight distortion sound that’s ideal for riffs and solos.
• Brown—Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
• X-Metal—Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
• Fuzz—Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.
*The product names mentioned on this page are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. These names are used because it is the most practical way of describing the sounds that are simulated.
32-bit floating point
Analog + Digital
OVERDRIVE, BLUES, SCREAM, CNTR OD, X-DRIVE, DIST, X-DIST, STACK DRIVE, FAT DIST, BROWN, X-METAL, FUZZ
127 + Manual
Nominal Input Level
INPUT: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level
INPUT: +7 dBu
INPUT: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level
OUTPUT: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level
OUTPUT: +7 dBu (Load Impedance: 220 k ohms or greater)
OUTPUT: 1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
ON/OFF switch, MEMORY/BOOST switch
MODE knob, DRIVE knob, LEVEL knob, PARAM knob, LOW knob, MIDDLE knob, HIGH knob
PARAM button, MEMORY button
7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
PARAM indicator, MEMORY (MAN, 1–4) indicators
INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
DC IN jack
USB port: USB micro B-type (program update only)
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use
lkaline: Approx. 6 Hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
Rubber foot x 4
Options (sold separately)
AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
TRS/MIDI cable: BMIDI-5-35
SIZE AND WEIGHT
1 lb 6 oz