- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Twelve versatile modes provide a wide range of modulation types
- Dedicated rate, depth, and level controls, plus three parameter knobs that change function with the selected mode
- Insert Loop function for positioning external pedals before or after mod effects
- Access 128 user setups from the panel or MIDI program change
- Recall consecutive memories plus real-time panel setting via footswitch or dedicated panel button
- Global setting optimizes flanger, phaser, and auto wah effects for guitar or bass
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for tap tempo, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
Twelve Mod Essentials in One Pedal
Compact and mighty, the MD-200 gives you every key mod effect in a minimal footprint. Modern and vintage BOSS chorus effects are included, plus phaser, flanger, rotary, vibrato, and tremolo. Classic vibe and ‘70s phaser effects are also available, complete with selectable distortion for added versatility. BOSS’s famous Slicer delivers lots of cool rhythmic grooves, while the rich Overtone effect dishes up fat octave tones and unique sonic colors. There’s a highly adjustable auto wah as well, which can double as a foot wah when an expression pedal is connected.
Dial in Sounds Fast
With the MD-200’s simple and direct interface, it’s easy to craft inspiring sounds in the heat of the moment. Using dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in rate, depth, and level for any selected mode. You can also tap in the rate with a footswitch while playing, and visually set note subdivisions right from the panel. Going further, three additional parameter knobs dynamically change functions with each mode, providing extended tone shaping with no need to menu dive.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The MD-200 features 127 user memories plus a real-time panel setting, giving you 128 total setups to choose from. Any range of consecutive memories and the panel setting can be assigned for scrolling access from a footswitch. It’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster recall. And if you crave deeper control, setups can be directly recalled via program change messages from an external MIDI device.
Instantly Change Effect Order for Optimum Tone
Using the MD-200’s insert loop function, you’re able to patch external pedals, set the ideal effect order, and save the setting to an onboard memory. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before an external pedal in one memory, a chorus or flanger after in the next, and then switch between them. This is particularly useful with drive pedals, where the signal order can have a dramatic effect on the selected mod sound.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the MD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, memory scrolling, and tap tempo, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control is also possible via footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
MD-200 Modulation Modes
• Chorus—Cutting-edge BOSS chorus derived from the advanced Prime Chorus in the MD-500.
• CE-1 Chorus—Authentic recreation of the legendary CE-1 Chorus Ensemble that includes chorus and vibrato modes from the original pedal.
• Flanger—Cutting-edge BOSS flanger derived from the advanced Prime Flanger in the MD-500.
• Phaser—Cutting-edge BOSS phaser derived from the advanced Prime Phaser in the MD-500.
• Vintage Phaser—‘70s script-type phaser, plus a selectable distortion effect.
• Classic Vibe—Vintage Uni-Vibe sound, plus a selectable fuzz effect.
• Vibrato—Versatile vibrato effect with wide-ranging modulation and tonal adjustment.
• Tremolo—Selectable tremolo and stereo pan modes, plus waveform and tone controls.
• Rotary—Vintage rotating speaker effect with adjustable slow/fast speeds and horn/rotor balance.
• Auto Wah—Expressive wah effect with frequency, resonance, and three filter types, plus selectable guitar or bass operation. Can also be used as a foot wah with an optional expression pedal.
• Slicer—Original BOSS patternClassic Vibe—Vintage Uni-Vibe sound, plus a selectable fuzz effect effect derived from the popular SL-20 Slicer pedal.
• Overtone—Original BOSS effect that uses advanced MDP tech to create unique new sounds with altered pitch and harmonic characteristics.
*The product names mentioned on this page are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. These names are used because it is the most practical way of describing the sounds that are simulated.
32-bit floating point
CHORUS, CE-1 CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, VINTAGE PHASER, CLASSIC VIBE, VIBRATO, TREMOLO, ROTARY, AUTO WAH, SLICER, OVERTONE
127 + Manual
Nominal Input Level
INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level
INPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu
INPUT A/MONO, B: 2 M ohm
Nominal Output Level
OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level
OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +7 dBu
OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater
ON/OFF switch, MEMORY/TAP switch
MODE knob, RATE knob, DEPTH knob, E. LEVEL knob, PARAM 1 knob, PARAM 2 knob, PARAM 3 knob
TAP DIVISION button, MEMORY button
7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
TAP DIVISION indicator, MEMORY (MAN, 1–4) indicators
INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
DC IN jack
USB port: USB micro B-type (program update only)
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use
Alkaline: Approx. 4 Hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
Rubber foot x 4
Options (sold separately)
AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
TRS/MIDI cable: BMIDI-5-35
SIZE AND WEIGHT
1 lb 6 oz